Thursday, August 02, 2018

Privacy Policy


This policy was last updated on 2 August 2018


Sarcasm

Your privacy is important to you. As such, you should take proper precautions to ensure you protect your privacy. With that said, I personally respect your privacy and don't care to track you or anything you do. I just want to have a blog and say stuff that is meaningful to me. I don't harvest email addresses or cookie data or anything. To be honest, I don't care if you comment or don't comment. I write the things that are important to me. If you have any concerns that somehow, someway, in some alternate reality I am violating your personal privacy, then go away and don't view my blog. I'm not your father and I'm not responsible for any irresponsible browsing habits you may have. This is the Internet in 2018. There are cookies. There is tracking. I have nothing to do with it.

Privacy Notice

So then, the policy below is considered to be legally required in the EU nanny state because God forbid, people should browse the Internet and - gasp - have a cookie track their session. But I will follow the rules and post this privacy policy. The text below outlines how your personal information is collected in the shadows of a monstrous search engine that I have no clue about when, where, and how it does this. I can tell you how it is used when you when you access my blog: it's only used by whatever Google does. I don't use it, don't want it, and don't care.

So, the use of this blog site and reading it constitutes consent to whatever Google has to do to make it work. If you disagree with this, then opt out.

How do you opt out? Like this:




To be clear, you agree to the terms of this policy when you use this website. This privacy policy may change from time to time. If any changes are made, then you will be notified by the revised date at the top of this policy. The only foreseen changes are to make it more sarcastic. If that offends you, good. I don't care.

Who I Am

I am Kevin Farley and go by the pseudonyms sixdrift and neuronstatic from time to time. I started that long ago. So long ago, I don't know when it was. This blog was started in 2005 and is based in rural America where I don't give a flying flip about EU regulations except I don't want some pansy getting all stupid that I might harvest their email address and pitch a hissy fit. This website is a blog about stuff that I am interested in.

Here in the US, I can say pretty much anything I want because we have free speech and we use it. If you find anything offensive or hateful, see above how to opt out and do so. if you leave a nasty comment, I'll just delete it to protect your privacy.

So what will you find here? Thoughts on technology, operating systems, Linux, open source, philosophy, religion, parenting, morality, immorality, firearms - ooh, yeah, I went there - and anything else that I have a notion to post. My blog address is: https://sixdrift.blogspot.com/

Parental Consent

If you are under 16 years old, you must first have parental permission before accessing this blog or providing any personal information. If you are under 16, I seriously doubt you are reading my blog. If you do, you must be a free thinker. Good for you.

What Personal Data I Collect and Why?

None.

I do not share or sell your information to anyone. I have no affiliates, partners or advertisers that I share your information with. Google collects the data that enables our blog to run and they may have ads on the blog. Wooh! So scary. The following is the information collected by Google on and what we use the data for.

Cookies

The site makes use of cookies from Google to deliver services and to analyze traffic. Your IP address and user agent are shared with Google, together with performance and security metrics, to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics and to detect and address abuse. You can also find more information about privacy, data, and security here: http://privacy.google.com/privacy.google.com or by visiting Google's Privacy Policy.

Comments

Love a post and want to comment? Leaving a comment is a great way to do that. I love hearing from you and love your feedback - rolls eyes. If you choose to leave a comment - and that is totally your choice - you have the option of commenting anonymously or including your name. Note that if you type in your name and the comment is approved, your name can be seen publicly. If you are signed in with Google and comment under your account (signed in as you) then your name and profile photo can be seen publicly. Your email address is never shared or disclosed to me.

Got that? You do those things. If you comment, you consent to public disclosure of the comment because that's how the Internet works.

It is recommended that you do not leave detailed personal information in your comments. Seriously. Why would you? That's just stupid. Refer to the first paragraph of this privacy policy.

Comments are moderated and will be published as soon as possible if approved. Any comments deemed as inappropriate, threatening, profane, or spam will not be approved. Or if I simply don't like it, it will be deleted while I laugh maniacally at your pitiful attempt to usurp my blog.

Contact form

I don't even think I have a contact form, but just in case Google does and some fool accidentally clicks on it and fills it in, this is what to expect:

The contact form is a great way to do that, I love hearing feedback and hearing from you - not really. If you choose to use the contact form, the name you type in and your email address will be sent to me along with your message. I will only use the email you have given to reply back to you. I never share your email address or disclose it to any other company or spam you with emails. This is a Blogger thing and covered under the Google privacy policy. You can also find more information about privacy, data, and security here: http://privacy.google.com/privacy.google.com or by visiting Google's Privacy Policy.

Location

Google collects information about your location (what country you are in) using cookies. This enables me to see what countries my audience is from. That's so the easily offended and scared in EU countries get an automatic notice that a cookie might be obtained.

Browser and Operating system information

Google collects device and browser information through the cookies it uses. Browser and operating system information enables them to see which browsers and operating systems are represented. This is used for statistics and allows Google to resolve issues when anyone has issues connecting to the site.

If your operating system shows up as something other than Linux, you should disconnect from the Internet immediately and shoot your computer. Get another one, the old one is beyond salvation, and install Linux. Or get a brand new Linux computer from https://system76.com/ and enjoy a much safer computing experience.

Or get a Chromebook and be safer still.

Referring URL

The referrer URL is provided by the computer accessing the blog page which includes the IP address of your computer and the URL of this blog site. This enables Blogger to send the content of my blog to your computer to allow you to view my blog's content. From the referrer URL, Blogger creates a server activity record which includes your IP address and the URL of my blog. The server activity record is displayed in my statistics. I use this information to see what websites my traffic is coming from and to see how many views posts or articles have had. This enables me to work out the needs of my visitors and what articles they are interested in so I can write more articles like these.

HAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, I don't look at them but it sounds cool.

Advertisements On My Blog

To support this website, third-party advertisements may be used in the future. I currently run no advertisements but reserve the right to do so in the future.

Social Media Privacy

I use various social media platforms. I am not responsible for what you post on any of my social media channels. That's all on you, baby!

Google+ Follow

You can choose to follow me by using Google+ follow. I do post to Google+ from time to time and you can follow me which enables you to stay up to date with my blog posts. This also enables me to see visitors that are interested in my blog. I can see that you are following and your profile photo information which is public. I can also see which blogs you follow. This magic is brought to you by the information that is collected by Google.

Links to other websites

I may have links to other websites. As such, I am not responsible for the privacy policies of other websites or the third party applications it uses.

Updates

This privacy policy may change from time to time. If any changes are made, then you will figure it out if you choose to click on this privacy policy and happen to notice the old date of the last update you remember and the new date of the latest update are different. Yeah, it's a stretch. Keep track of it. It's up to you, not me.

More information

You can also find more information about privacy, data, and security here: http://privacy.google.com/privacy.google.com or by visiting Google's Privacy Policy.

Final Note

You have the right to access your personal data and know how it is being processed. Hopefully, the policy above adequately explains how your data is used.

Personal information will not be transferred unless I am legally obligated to do so. You are entitled to receive personal data so that they can be used by another processor. You can request to be removed at any time and you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you would like information to be removed from my systems, please contact kfarley@gmail.com.

Final Final Note

I don't care about your feelings. I don't care if you are offended. I don't care if you feel that I said something hurtful. And, I don't care that you disagree with me. You see, this is my blog and represents my thought flow. I am under no obligation to cater to your sensitivities. If you find this difficult to deal with, go find a safe space and stay off my blog.

Questions and Contact Information

If you have any questions or concerns please contact with my email address: kfarley@gmail.com

No comments: